Install Tally by any one of the following methods.
Click install.exe from CD
Click START from Windows.
Press ENTER key.
- Follow the instructions on your screen to install Tally.
- Click on install.exe. The Tally 9 Setup Wizardwill open up.
- Click Next button to continue
- The installation wizard displays the license agreement. Read it before you proceed.Click 'I agree' to continue to the option box.
- Click 'I decline' option to stop setup, or click back to go to the previous screen.
- In the Installation screen, you may accept the suggest directories, else click change Application Directory, or Change data Directory, or Change Configuration Directory, or Change Language Directory to change the respective directory paths. Use tab or the mouse to change the path in any of the directories.
The Tally Program files store in this directory.
The Tally data resides in Data directory.
Configuration Directory :
- The default directory where data is stored is C:\Tally\Data. To change it, click on change Data Directory button and enter the new directory.
- When Tally is installed in a directory with an earlier version, it detects and retains the data configuration path of the previous installation.
Tally configuration files store in this directory. Specify the path of the directory where configuration files should be saved. It is usually the same path as that of the Application Directory
Tally Language files (.dct) store in this directory.
- Specify the path to the directory where the Language files will be maintained. It is usually the same path as that of the Application Directory.
- During installation, you are prompted to specify the path and the OS files to install Indian languages.
- Click Install Operation System Language Support to enable Language Support.
- Select your country name in Country Selection.
- Select the Initial Startup Language from the list. When you start Tally for the first time, Tally will appear in the language selected as the Initial Startup Language.
- Once you select the initial Startup Language, Click Install to proceed with the installation steps.
- The installation progress status is displayed as shown below.
- Insert Windows CD to install language or Browse for the i386 folder in your system. You will be prompted to install the i386 language support folder only if it is not available on your system.
- Click Finish button to complete Setup. After completing installation, you can right click on the Tally icon to choose 'send it to the desktop' from where you can start working by double clicking it.